Are you looking to expand your career path in the pharmaceutical industry and develop your IT skills? We have a unique opportunity for you to demonstrate your information security expertise within the leading EU institution of medicines and pharmacology based in Amsterdam!
We are the exclusive recruiters for the interim positions at the European Medicines Agency (EMA). The EMA are the medical regulatory organisation responsible for public human and animal health throughout the European Economic Area. They are now looking for an Information Security Specialist to join them on an initial 12-month temporary (Interim) contract.
You would be ensuring the implementation of the organisation’s information security policy, including multi-cloud extended infrastructure footprint, by the secure and appropriate use of ICT resources. This is an exciting opportunity to join an institution that provides a truly international working environment where everyone is passionate about public health.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Evaluate information security risks, threats and consequences and take appropriate action.
- Provide information security training and education.
- Provide technical validation of security tools, implement, configure and manage appropriate tools.
- Contribute to the definition of and actively promote information security standards and procedures throughout the IT and IT user communities.
- Identify and re-mediate security vulnerabilities.
- Monitor security developments to ensure the continued efficiency and effectiveness of information security processes and controls.
- Proactively evaluate new threats and counter potential information security incidents.
- Implement security techniques on all or part of an application, process, network or system within area of responsibility.
- Support the implementation of information security audit findings.
- Architect options for monitoring, data loss prevention safeguards, and the implementation of a SOC service.
- Contribute to the consolidation of identity management systems with multi-factor authentication.
- Implement network security and routing capabilities (e.g. Split-tunnel VPN, WAF, FW with application awareness).
- Experience demonstrating mastery and innovation, required to solve complex and unpredictable problems in the specialised field of Information Security Management.
- Experience in public cloud environment, preferably in Azure and AWS.
- Problem solving skills to address problems effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism and integrity.
- Ability to monitor technology trend, identify, assess and adapt new emerging technology in the cloud security space to needs.
- Ability to influence technical discussions and decisions related to Security Risk Management.
- Ability to perform security research and document and communicate the findings of their research.
- Excellent organisational, communication and time management skills
- Fluency in English and at least one other EU language -Spanish, Czech, Danish, German, Estonian, English, French, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Hungarian, Maltese, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Slovenian, Slovakian, Finnish, Swedish, Greek, Romanian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Norwegian, Icelandic
To apply, please send your CV in English and in Word format to Jessica.
languagematters is acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.
German and Italian Customer Service Coordinator
German speaking Client Services Executive